Skip to product information
1 of 14

Citroën

Citroën, 1954 J.R. Colin advertising for the 50 years of the Grands Garages de Picardie

Citroën, 1954 J.R. Colin advertising for the 50 years of the Grands Garages de Picardie

Regular price $56.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $56.00 USD
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Citroën, Advertising for the 50th anniversary of the Amiens dealer "Grands Garages de Picardie", signed by the author "J.R. Colin and official program of the "Circuit d'Amiens" 20 June 1954.

The "Grands Garages de Picardie" was founded by Mr. Lucien Corroyer, as "Corroyer Establishments", in 1904 and had its seat at the "2,4 and 6 rue Saint-Honoré" of Amiens, a historic northern French town, town where in 1913 the French GP was held and where the "Circuit d'Amiens" was also held from 1952 to 1955, the 1954 edition was not, however, raced.

In the early 1920s Mr. Corroyer opened his first Citroën showroom from "16 to 24 rue Jules Barni" and, with 800 cars ordered, was one of the most important dealers for the French manufacturer. In 1929 a further store was opened in the center of Amiens in "Rue des 3 Cailloux et de la Rue Ernest Cauvin", where still today on the face of the building there is the coat of arms of the Grands Garages de Picardie. The growth and development of the car dealer with the "Double Cuspide" brand, led to the opening of new showrooms and branches and, in 1930-31 the headquarters was again moved to the "2 à 16 Place Alphonse-Fiquet", Building opened in the presence of André Citroën, his brother and the mayor of Amiens. The new structure was designed by architect Georges Bouffet of Amiens, had a surface of 14,400 square meters and was demolished in 1999 after being purchased by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Amiens. The entire glorious history of the Grands Garages de Picardie is also preserved in the archives of the French town where they were located, thanks to the donation of the family archive by Christian de Simencourt, son of Pierre owner of the dealer from 1957 to 1987.

Advertising and race program are original, good general conditions; the race program has signs of the time and usury as visible from photo.

New professional frame in black color.


Dimensions Height  / Length / 32,5 / 45

Free shipping in Italy.

Contact us for further information.

The images are an integral part of the description and to determine the condition of the objects.

Raggi's Collectibles' Automotive Art - "From History with Passion" -

View full details